Cheater Cock!

It’s exam time!
Boards are killing kids & the elder ones are getting murdered by the mid-sems . Not a very suitable atmosphere on planet Earth.. to be specific .. in India. Well, am one of the lucky few who don’t have anything to bother them (at least for the time being). Sometimes am so glad Mom hasnt yet learnt to use the internet or she would have murdered me for assuming that.
So, what am I doing? Rubbing it in for those who are suffering? Nah my fellow brethren, am just hoping to recite some anecdotes that might help you stay alive. (Cos am too chicken to use the same fundas myself). Today I discuss the (in)glorius topic of cheating in exams.Cheating has always been a part of every student's life, be it the undone homework or during exams. It's an omnipresent sin,conspicous by the "hush-hush" surrounding it.
Let me for the benefit of my less fortunate yet daring friends relate some incidents of cheating that I've come across or heard from.
The most common one is passing the question paper: it involves writing the answers of the difficult questions & then passing it around to your comrades.But that idea was thwarted by my ingenius teachers who started insisting that we sign our respective question papers as soon as we got them.
So it led to passing the answer sheets now.It involved more of a risk & is still a favourite of the backbenchers.But if the answer sheet is not the loose papers but more of a booklet..well, you have to be extra cautious.
Getting chits are an all-time favourite.I'd one friend who in class IX finals was caught with micro-xerox copies of some chapters.My being myopic was a detterent to that option.
The hiding places for the chits are intersting too.It may be the shirt's cuff or socks for the guys and for girls..well I really don't want to go into that but there are many places an invigliator wouldn't dare to look.and the general places range from pencil boxes to wallets to scribbling on the exam board.
Speaking of scribbling I'd this daring female friend of mine doing engineering(but of course) whom I admired for her sheer dare-devil attempts at cheating.The day before the semester,she waxed her legs & neatly scribbled some key points on them!Her close friend followed suit.But sadly my friend met with an accident on her way to exam & injured her leg.It was a pathetic situation for her,as she neither could apply any medicine to it nor bear the pain.
And there are many ways to escape from the invigilator if you're suspected of "foul" activities.Like another friend had done.He was copying from a piece of chit when the invigilator gave him a suspicious glance. Afraid of being caught,he hid the chit & calmly pretended to turn back & ask something to the other kid.The teacher walked up to him & demanded what he was up to."Sorry sir,I was just looking back sir.I won't do it again" he murmured apologetcially."Yes,better not.It's the first & final warning" the teahcer glared once more & satisfactorily walked away!
But some people are born cowards (including yours truly).Give them an examination hall devoid of invigilators & still they won't be able to even turn in their seats.For my entire school career I dutifully ignored the poking at my back or the whispered "shhshh.." from my neighbours.Even if someone asked me to just "shift a little" I'd invariably freeze in my seat & play deaf &and dumb.
I seem to have run out of anecdotes,actually they run a similar pattern and am sure you must have experienced the like in your case.So please go ahead & share some of them with me !


Comments

Popular Posts