Breathless

The eyes were sparkling no more
The face was bereft of any mirth
Claustrophobic,emotions drowning
Were adamant to swim ashore

Sweaty palms; hot & cold at once
Like when the heart beats too loud 
Though everything appears so surreal
Through the blood adrenaline runs

One step at a time we take
Slow yet sure,firm steps forward
Dreaming eyes have already played the game
It's time to see what it's like when awake

The outside world ceases to exist
It's just you and me for now
For the first time I feel free &right
There's no reason left for us to resist


Hands clasp, mine in yours,seamless
As we say "I do" together
Pic credit: onebicyclefortwo.co
Our lips touch and if I think if I died now
I'd die,euphoric..euphoric but breathless..



























This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.
This week’s WOW prompt is – ‘Breathless’

Written to support & encourage the legalization of same-sex marriages all over the world.

Comments

Unknown said…
Nostalgic and romantic. Don't know if it is the same feeling everytime, but it makes one sink deep into someone, reading this!

Popular Posts