My 2011: The Year That Was
The last few hours of 2011 remain & I don’t have anything better to do. So I decided its time I wrote down something sensible as the last post of 2011. Plus I owed it to my blog-I’d managed to forget it’s birthday again(24th Dec).
“The year that was…2011”- It sounds like an essay given as winter holidays homework to me; anyway my 2011 was fun. I remember starting it with white rum & a crappy movie(some Akshay Kumar movie whose name I now don’t care to remember). The white rum met its fate down the flush as did the movie. It was a bleak start but things turned out better thereafter. I have made a list of hallmarks here & am too lazy to categorize them as achievements/failures. Here goes:
- · Getting into the finals of a state-level IT quiz & not winning it.
- · Managing to pass 1st year of MCA without back paper but no 9 point grade & hence no parental satisfaction.
- · Getting cast as the lead actress in college play but getting cold feet & opting to play the role of nameless BFF.
- · Cleared my 3rd year with my whacko BF with minimum no. of mishaps.
- · Reunited with long lost so-called BFF after 10yrs but he still refuses to travel a few miles to meet me.
- · Started my own content writing team whose members keep disappearing.
- · Started an online magazine whose writers keep disappearing.
- · Watched Dravid retire from ODIs.
- · Watched Sachin not make his 100 on countless occasions.
- · Watched how India went crazy about Kolaveri Di.
- · Vacation attempts: 3 Vacation failures: 3
- · Traveled alone on a bus & nearly escaped being drugged.
- · Had a lizard fall on my head.
- · Won an HTC Wildfire S in an Indiblogger contest.
That’s my year that was. A lot of famous people died-Dennis Ritchie (yes, for me he comes before Jobs), Steve Jobs (the one real daddy of Siri), Kim Jong Il (don’t know much about him except that he was a really weird dictator of North Korea) & some very ordinary yet sad deaths like that of my 2 month old kitten happened. Hollywood made some great movies like MI4 & SRK continued to belittle our minds with Ra.One & Don2. The Jan Lokpal kept hogging the limelight & the morning newspaper with no conclusion whatsoever. Orkut finally died & made way for Google Plus, while Twitter & Facebook continued the game of ‘who-can-copy-the-more-features-of-the-other’.
Now as the leap year 2012 arrives I sincerely wish to see less no. of people dying & Doomsday never happening. I wish Anna Hazare would stop fasting & MPs start behaving as…well MPs. I wish petrol prices not act as sine waves & recession should recede into oblivion. I wish a lot of good things happen in 2012 & lastly I wish that I stick to my blogs all through like the past 2 years & hope you people keep reading my Wandering Thoughts!
Wishing all my readers a very happy 2012!
P.S: On the completion of 2 years of WT I extend my special thanks to fellow bloggers-Rohit, Suraj, Sadiya, Nethra, Sanks, Durgesh, Cloud 9, Samadrita, Purba ma’am, Shail ma'am, Prateek, Tanay and my friends Anish, Sagar, Gautam, Biswa, Biplab for encouraging me & actually reading what I write and feeding my blog with their valuable comments!