Mundane Thoughts...

Come Feb & every student whose crushed under the Indian Education System bemoans the very existence of it. More so if they suffer the ignominy of studying in a Govt. college which runs itself as per its whims & fancies. As for me, I’ve spent the last 7 days utilizing my imagination & the little spare time that I got, in visualizing the type of disasters that could & I know would not befall on my college. Just why couldn’t the Naxalites drop a bomb there at night?
Wandering thoughts...that’s what my blog’s title says. But all the wandering my mind has done this week is to restricted to two words-“Project” & “Seminar”. The former is a hopeless case indeed. We are supposed to do a project using any of the computer languages taught till date. And everyone knows that project means using knowledge we do not have! And as they expect us to know advanced versions of languages, we end up running off to find the institute that offers “the best courses in IT”. Which translates to-“throw in 2-3 thousand & get the certificate”. Or as in our case, all our group did was to visit the institute and pretend to learn as they pretended to teach. It’s more like a symbiosis, they need us to get their money & we need them to get our certificates.
The seminar has a different story all together. It involves writing a report, getting it printed (in fancy fonts & colours please) & preparing a PowerPoint presentation(with animation & proper sound effects). Then all the student has to do is to stand before the teachers and pretend to know more about the topic than they do (while they pretend otherwise). But of course it does involve hard labour & concentration on part of the student; they have to remember to edit out all occurrences of the name of the original author & also the site from which they have downloaded the ppt file!
Not going by the conventional way, I made the mistake of preparing the report & presentation myself. My topic was Software Piracy & inspite of using a pirated version of Windows XP in my PC, I did a thorough research and neatly prepared the report (again using the pirated version of MSOffice07). Having done that, I spent the next 3 days driving myself & my family members as well friends crazy by practicing till I could recite the IT Act of 2000 in my sleep!
On the eve of my seminar I was frantic. Anyone who dared to disturb me.. Well, God bless his ears! People around me started talking in whispers & tip-toeing about the house lest they incur my wrath… I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown when an sms saved me –“Colge suspended 2moro.Princy jst rembred v nid a hol 2hav our Annual Sport’s Day! :)”
And for the first time I felt glad about getting a lunatic for our Princy!

Comments

Unknown said…
hehe:P nyc nah:P lucky yew:P
Rinaya said…
lucky yeah..but stil hav to give it sumday :(
Sagar..... said…
hmmm okay nice experience.......

well in engineering its lyk a daily dose as we hav to give presentations every week....




so how was da presentation by the way
Rinaya said…
it was rockinggg.. tho I initially developed a running nose,but managd it quite well :)

Popular Posts